One can give the following recommendations to dog-owners who spend their
vacations with their dogs or who live constantly in the humid- and
coast-region of Spain.
FEARLY DIAGNOSIS INCREASES THE LIFE EXPECTANCY OF YOUR DOG !
1. In the morning - as well as in the dusk one should not give
the dog free run outside but keep him inside the house!
2. Spray the dog with a compatible insect-spray . Here the recommendations
of a veterinarian in reference to the compatibility of the medium
are to be followed !
3. At the choice of the vacation area one should prefer higher
situated areas to beach -, and humid- areas.
4. One should avoid taking out the dog for a walk in the evening.
5. One should cause a veterinarian to make a blood-image of
the dog immediately after completion of the vacation.
Resident people should accomplish this test by a veterinarian
in June and November each year.
Despite all this or just for that reason I wish a beautiful, unencumbered
vacation-period and no infection of your dog with "LEISHMANIOSIS"
to all visitors of Spain.
Ibiza, in the year 2002